I've managed to obtain the domain name possum.tv. Previously it was being used by some Russian site, but it seems they shut down some time ago and let the registration lapse.
This means that you can get to the possum webcam server via http://possum.tv and http://www.possum.tv, as well as the original link http://possum.dyndns.tv.
Also, this blog is now at http://blog.possum.tv. The original link http://possumtv.blogspot.com.au will still work, and redirects to the new domain name.
What do you need to do?
As far as the blog goes, both the old and the new link will always work correctly, so you don't have to change anything.[edit: If you use an RSS feed, you might have noticed all of the entries have changed to "unread". This is a one-off thing caused by the old domain name redirecting to the new one, and can be ignored.]
The Possum TV Live webcam server is a little more tricky because it's still on a dynamic IP address. While both links will normally work there are situations where either or both may stop working for a while. I would recommend changing your link to http://possum.tv, but for the time being keep a backup link to http://possum.dyndns.tv.
In other news, I've also found a typo in the script that takes snapshots of possum boxes. The effect of this bug was that if the system was a bit slow, rather than waiting for a new snapshot to be generated (as intended), it instead returned an older snapshot in its place. This has now (hopefully) been fixed. I apologise to anyone who has lost snapshots due to this bug.
Post a Comment